Effective: August 23, 2016 (view prior version)
Quixey Apps: Quixey provides direct consumer-facing apps such as Launch by Quixey (“Launch”) and the Quixey Search App.
Quixey Platform: Quixey also acts as a service provider for companies when we process their customers' information (our “Clients”). We provide a platform that allows our Clients to serve deep views as well as search results suggesting applications or functionality to their customers. In these instances, we collect and process information under the direction of our Clients, and have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information we process. If you are a customer of a Client that is using the Quixey Platform, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer Personal Information to companies that help us provide our Services on behalf of Clients. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
TRUSTe Privacy Certification
The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Site (www.quixey.com), the Quixey Search App and the service platform provided to Clients. It does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the Site. With respect to the service platform, the use of information collected through our Service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the Service for which the Client has engaged Quixey Incorporated.
In order to view our relationship with TRUSTe please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Site and Services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. The following are the specific types of information you give to us:
Information You Decide to Provide: If you decide to contact us through the Site or send us feedback through our Services, we may collect your name, company name, email address and telephone number and other Personal Information that you submit to us. Similarly, if you desire to have access to certain sections of the Site, you may be required to become a registered user and to submit certain Personal Information to us to allow you to use certain features of the Site. Additionally, if you create an account on either the Site or any Service, you may be asked for your name, email address, telephone number or other Personal Information.
Information Collected Through Your Use of the Services: When you use our Services, including the Quixey Apps and Quixey Platform, we automatically collect specific information such as the Services and applications that you use, how you use them, and information about the device you are using them from. This information includes:
- Log Files: When you use our Site or Services, our servers automatically receive and record certain information from your browser and computer or device, such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, API calls and parameters, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
- Use Information: Our servers automatically receive and record information about how you use our Services, such as your search queries, how you interact with the search results or deep view cards, and which features of our Services you use and how you use them.
- Device Information: Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically collect device-specific information such as a device identifier, device model, user settings, the operating system and version, device type and manufacturer, wireless carrier or operator, and network type, as well as other information about your use of our Services.
- Application Information: We also index and collect information about the mobile apps that you have installed or access on your mobile device, such as app names, app identifiers, installations/uninstallations, and launch history (including, for example, number of times apps were launched, the location you were at and the time when they were launched, and whether the launch occurred as a result of interacting with the Services).
- Location information: We may also collect and process information about your actual location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use sensor data from your device that provides information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. You may change this default behavior in the device settings.
- Email Address: When you use our Services on a mobile device, we collect your email address and anonymize it through one-way hashing. If, while using a Quixey App, you choose to create a profile as described below, your email address will no longer be anonymous.
Additionally, Quixey Apps may automatically collect the following information:
- Profile: When you use Launch by Quixey, if you create a profile, we collect and store your email address and the name you provide and associate them with your preferences so that you can quickly recreate those preferences on another device. If you delete the profile, email address and all profile information will be deleted.
- Location information: We currently require location information in order to provide Launch by Quixey, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use Launch. We collect and process information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by your mobile device). We may also use sensor data from your device that provides information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop it at any time by changing the preferences in your mobile device settings, however, if you do so, Launch will no longer function properly.
- Personal Search: Launch by Quixey and other Quixey Apps enable you to extend your search for relevant application functionality to content on your device (“Personal Search”). If you install a Service that performs Personal Search, we will provide search results based on your browser history, contacts, calendar, texts, photos, videos, music and other content on your device (“Personal Search Data”) but will not collect Personal Search Data. For some Services, you may change this behavior in the settings.
- Call Logs: Launch by Quixey learns your communication patterns to surface those contacts you are most likely to call at a given time or location. To make these recommendations, Quixey accesses and collects in- and out-bound call log information, such as the phone number, caller name and time of the call. Note that Launch also uses location information to make these recommendations.
- Device Metadata: Launch by Quixey also learns your device usage patterns to surface those apps and contacts you are most likely to want at given time, location or what your device is connected to. To make these recommendations, Quixey collects device metadata such as location of use, connected devices, WiFi connections (including WiFi MAC ID), and user activity (such as walking, running, cycling, driving).
How We Use the Information We Collect
All Quixey Services use the information we collect to personalize the Services for you, including providing results that may be relevant based upon your location or your use of applications or features on your device. If you have installed Launch by Quixey, we use the information we collect to predictively surface relevant functionality throughout the day.
We also use this information to suggest new applications that may interest you. We also use the information to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Services; to develop new services; to analyze how you use the Services; to protect our servers and users; and to offer you personalized content. For example, we may use the information we collect:
- to provide our Services and any information you request;
- to respond to your emails, comments, and requests; and to provide customer service;
- to personalize and improve our Services and your experience when you use our Services;
- to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our Services;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends of our Services and third-party services;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Services;
- to send or display, or facilitate the sending or displaying of, push notifications or advertisements tailored to your interests; and
- for the purpose for which the information was collected.
In addition, if you decide to provide Personal Information about yourself via the Site or if you provide Personal Information by setting up a profile on a mobile device, we may use your email address to send you Service-related notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail). We may also use your Personal Information to send you marketing messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message.
Information We Share with Others
We may share the information we have collected from you:
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- if you decide to use certain third-party services that require the sharing of information;
- when we reasonably believe that we are legally authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with a law, regulation or to respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where user information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We may also share aggregated or anonymous information (about you but doesn’t identify you):
- for usage analytics to help us and our partners and Clients better understand what type of user is using our Services and how;
- to improve the relevancy of the advertisements you see on our Services and to tailor them to your interests; and
- for industry analysis, demographic profiling, research, analysis and other similar purposes.
Information Collected and Used by Third Parties
How We Protect Your Information
We use physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to preserve the integrity and security of your information. We encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information on our Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, managerial, or technical safeguards.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may decline to submit Personal Information through our Site, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You can update or correct your Personal Information through the applicable Services or by contacting us. You may opt out of certain information collection on your mobile device through the settings provided in Quixey’s Apps or opt out of all information collection on your mobile device by uninstalling the applicable Quixey App. If you uninstall a Quixey App from your mobile device, the collection and transfer of information will cease, however, information previously collected about your mobile device will continue to be stored. If you have created a profile using a Quixey App, deleting your profile will delete all non-anonymized information associated with that profile.
You may request deletion of your Personal Information by emailing email@example.com. When acting as a service provider for its Clients, Quixey has no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Information it processes. An individual who seeks access, or to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate Personal Information where Quixey is acting as a service provider should direct the query to Quixey’s Client (the data controller). Quixey will respond to requests to delete Personal Information within 30 days.
Aggregated and anonymized information may remain in our records after deletion of such Personal Information. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
When acting as a service provider, Quixey will retain Personal Information (including geo-location data) and the data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed provide services to our Client. Quixey will retain and use this Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may need to process your Personal Information on our servers in countries around the world, which may not be located in the country where you live. In particular, your information will likely be transferred to and processed in the United States where many of our central databases operate. The data protection and other laws of other countries, such as the United States, may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using the Site and Services you consent to your information being collected, used and transferred as set forth in this privacy statement.
Blog / Forum
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify where your Personal Information appears on the Site and what you would like removed. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
Our website includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
In some instances, you can log in to our Site and Services using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on Quixey’s Site and Services to your profile page to share with others within your network.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information.
Quixey Skype Bot
303 Bryant Street
Mountain View CA 94041